5.01.2011

Meet The Ranch

When we decided to go from renters to homeowners I would have scoffed at anyone that told me I would soon own a 1960s ranch. I had envisioned a brick two story with lots of character and wood molding. Being fresh college graduates, our budget had a different idea. The character filled homes that were obtainable for us also housed leaking roofs and sketchy foundations. Way too many stressors for a fresh marriage and shallow remodel budget.

A couple of tours and numerous drive-bys of the ranch followed. I had succumb to the idea that this house wasn't my dream home, but would be a good investment. It was in a well established neighborhood and received a gleaming home inspection. We jumped in feet first with the assurance that Lowe's is around the corner and my 'fix it all' father was a phone call away.

Flick on your lava lamp and slip on your hip huggers. Here's your brief tour.

Front


Entry


Living Room



Dining Room


Kitchen

Guest Bedroom

Guest Bathroom

Backyard


Did you find the Jesus shrine?


We have updated a few rooms, but for the most part it still presents in the same manner. Its amazing how I don't even see that bird wallpaper anymore.

I'll leave you with the ranch stats.
purchased July 2009
$152,000 USD
1,700 square feet
3 bedroom / 3 bath
2 car garage
loads of potential


No comments:

Post a Comment