4.03.2012

Spring Wreath

I've been your average Martha Stewart in the garden these days. You can all relate, right?

I needed something to keep me busy after the sun went down. It's been awhile since I've tried my luck at a wreath. 

Check this baby out.


Naturalistic right?

Well, the sticky wreath part is anyways. I can't take credit for that. It was made by the gentle hands of some soul at Hobby Lobby. Probably Mexico actually, but we won't go there. 

I had a bunch of extra fabric just begging to be put to use. I decided on those fabric flowers which gave me the opportunity to buy some cute buttons and lace. Who doesn't love an excuse to buy those?

I bought a thick lace (2 inches) for the outside and a thin, frilly lace for the middle. 

You'll also need some scrap felt, scissors, thread and a hot glue gun. 


I made my fabric 1.5 inches wide. Then measured the fabric and two laces to about 10 inches.


Loosely stitch through your lace so that you can pull it tight to make a circle. The pictures will probably do better than that pathetic explanation I just gave.



Then, do the same thing with the next layer.



And the last...


Layer those puppies on top of one another.


Place your button in the middle and tie to all the way through, with a small circle of felt on the back, to keep it all together.


Repeat times 5 if you're cool like me.


Hot glue them to your wreath and you're done. 



No excuses for an unwelcoming front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment